1. I have been working on my article for the project and different things come to mind. Children and young people represented in media could be in terms of children’s programmes on television like cartoons, shows on air for children teaching morals, debates or how the young people can take up roles in the media like writing articles, news reporting and all that. Kindly clarify?
You can approach the summit project in any way that you feel most comfortable with but ensure it relates to children or young people.
2. How many participants should I include in my team and what ages would you prefer?
The number of participants are totally up to you just make sure members are children and/or teenagers or young adults.
3. In case of a one-on-one discussion or interview with each member, how can I present it?
Presentation is also up to you, you could invite them for a discussion (it doesn’t matter if it is at abe igi or your sitting room), you can send questions and answers online or via email, you can have a Facebook page/note and have respondents.
4. What time duration do I have for the project to be packaged?
You have two months from the date I sent the mail. I will still have to package everything we have and send to the organisers by October, November.
5. To prepare a worksheet, you can have a form with heading/theme, write an introduction or summary and then have questions and spaces folks can fill-in. It is similar to survey only here the questions are open ended to allow comment and opinions.
6. I would love to write an article so if I write one, would I still put together a team?
If your preference is for an article, you could do an interview or speak to others so the article is written as a journalistic report or feature story. You don’t require a team.
7. What if one of my team members is abroad and we communicate via email, what kind of proof would be needed in that respect.
The proof you need for online interviews and other interviews is name, age and accessible email contact, also pictures especially from your group discussion or one-on-one interviews.
8. Does it mean every member of my team would be attending the World Media Summit for discussions in Karlstad?
NO. Members of the team will not be attending the conference except they are willing to sponsor one of the team members. Their participation is to strengthen your on participation. What is submitted by all the participants i.e. those of you on my own team will be packaged and sent by me to strengthen our request for team participation.
9. What role would you be playing on the team if I would serve as the Global Youth Coordinator?
I am the team lead (overall coordinator) and consultant. You and others on my team are acting on behalf of Willows Magazine.
10. Are we also going to go under the umbrella of the Willows Magazine?
Yes you will be attending as part of the Willows Magazine/Cares Global Network team.